National Education Technology Plan
Contribute to the 2020 NETP Development
If you would like to contribute to the development of the 2020 NETP, please share your thoughts here:
2020 National Education Technology Plan
Secretary DeVos is committed to leveraging the power of technology to rethink education and approach student learning in new ways. To support this goal, the Office of Educational Technology is working to update and expand upon the vision presented in the 2017 NETP to ensure its relevance and usefulness based on the policy, funding and social contexts within which digital learning now occurs. The 2020 NETP will incorporate new developments in education technology and share a vision for how schools and districts across the country can continue to use technology to improve equity and opportunity for all students. It will also address infrastructure needs in order for the vision to become a reality.
About the National Education Technology Plan
The National Education Technology Plan is the flagship educational technology policy document for the United States. The Plan articulates a vision of equity, active use, and collaborative leadership to make everywhere, all-the-time learning possible. While acknowledging the continuing need to provide greater equity of access to technology itself, the plan goes further to call upon all involved in American education to ensure equity of access to transformational learning experiences enabled by technology. The principles and examples provided in this document align to the Activities to Support the Effective Use of Technology (Title IV A) of Every Student Succeeds Act as authorized by Congress in December 2015.
- Future Ready Learning: Reimagining the Role of Technology in Education. National Education Technology Plan (2016)
- Transforming American Education: Learning Powered by Technology. National Education Technology Plan (2010)
- Toward A New Golden Age In American Education—How the Internet, the Law and Today’s Students Are Revolutionizing Expectations (2004)
- eLearning: Putting a World-Class Education at the Fingertips of All Children (2000)
- Getting America’s Students Ready for the 21st Century: Meeting the Technology Literacy Challenge (1996)
Provides guidance on connectivity, devices, and quality digital learning resources.
Technology funding available for state and district leaders.
Initiatives to help connect schools to broadband Internet.